Marquess de San Feliz Colony
La Vega Weapons Factory
Weapons Factory’s Trade School
Unlike the Trubia Weapons Factory, which combined residential and productive functions from its origins until the end of the 20th century, it was not until the end of the 19th century that the first two residential blocks were built in La Vega. They housed the director and management of the factory and were the most majestic ones of the complex, located in the most southerly part of the area.
Around 1915, two more buildings were added alongside the Santander road. The complex was completed in 1926 with a total of 8 blocks containing 12 dwellings. The overall appearance of the building can be compared to an 11,000-square-metre garden city. In contrast to the workers' dwellings, these detached houses are inside the factory facilities, but separated from the productive sector by a wall. Their deplorable state of conservation sums up the general value that the industrial heritage has in society.