La Luz Meat and Preserves Factory
La Luz cold meat and preserves factory was inaugurated on the outskirts of Noreña in 1913.
Its facilities are made up of a series of parallel buildings, with the exception of a lower section that houses the main entrance. They were designed by Justo Rodríguez Fernández and, in the 1950s, they were extended by his son, Enrique Rodríguez Bustelo.
La Luz was the forerunner of later cold meat factories in the same council, and was also a pioneer in the use of specific machinery designed for the production of this type of foodstuff. The six industrial units and the lower section are crowned by a staggered pediment with eaves supported by brick corbels. Brick is also used for ornamental purposes in the bays, mouldings and corners.
It has now been restored by the company Frío-Carne Asturias, and is still used for production purposes linked to the food industry.
Rubén Domínguez Rodríguez